Trekking in Singapore (Lim Chu Kang - Kranji)

We took a bus from the bus station near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station to the end of Lim Chu Kang Road.

The bus station near Choa Chu Kang MRT Station

End of Lim Chu Kang Road

From there, we walked back about a distance of three bus stations and turned into a path. On the both side of the path are those factories engaged in the recycling industry.

Recycling industry Factories

After a brief introduction outside the factories, we headed for the frog farm. On the way, we saw quite a number of fruit trees that I couldn’t tell the name along the roadside.


Some trekkers picked the fruits from the ground and brought home, some trekkers just peeled and ate on the spot.


We visited the frog farm at around 9.50am and stayed there for about 20 minutes.

Jurong Frog Farm


The calls of the bullfrogs sound like symphony.


After leaving the frog farm, we trekked for about 15 minutes to the Fire Flies Health Farm.


Fire Flies Health Farm

We stop over for 30 minutes to take some snacks and do marketing.


We left the health farm at around 10.50am, it took us about 20 minutes walk to the main road.  Before turning into another lane, some of the trekkers decided to leave the group.

Keep walking

Physically I felt very hot and tiring, but I wanted to visit the Kranji Farm Resort, after hesitating for a while, I decided to follow the group. Not long later, I realized I had made the wrong decision. Under the burning sun, the lane seemed endless.

and walking ...

Ten minutes later, my heartbeat became faster and faster, I could hardly talk, not sure whether this is the symptom of sunstroke. A lady realized that my face was very red and paid special attention to me. I told her I feel like taking a ride, unexpectedly she really stopped a blue lorry that passed by and asked the driver for a ride for me.

Thanks to the drive of this blue lorry

The driver gave me a ride to the end of the lane; I then had a chance to rest for 10 minutes while waiting for the group. After that, is another 10 minutes walk to reach Kranji Farm Resort.

I really struggled before reaching the resort, althought its only a 10 minutes walk

I was too tired to look around the resort, just sat down and panted, couldn’t even talk much when other trekkers told me that my face was very very red.

Kranji Farm Resort

After 30 minutes rest, half of us left the group and took the shuttle bus provided by the resort to Yew Tee MRT Station, the rest of the group carried on their journey to the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve, I really admire their energetic and stamina.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment